Friday, November 7, 2008

Barcelona











I am in Barcelona today. I took the train in from Sitges. Awesome. I love this city and the train ride along the Mediterreanean is beautiful. I could stay in Sitges/Barcelona for a long time. Sitges is perfect.


I made my first friend...a woman named Ki Ki who bartends at a bar called Nirvana in Sitges, just down from where I am staying. She has been beyond helpful with everything from translation, to food recommendations, to train directions. She is originally from Brazil and speaks english pretty well. It has made my time here much better just having someone to give me the inside knowledge and point me in the right direction.


Barcelona is one of the best places I have ever been......
Pictures - below are pictures of Rome and Sitges. Above are pictures Sitges (church on the coast) and amazing buildings created by Antoni Gaudi. Google him and his work. It's impressive. The picture of the bearded man with PBR 12 packs is my friend Eric, tour manager of My Morning Jacket, backstage at the Edgefield Amphitheater. Nothing at all to do with my trip, but still funny.
I need to figure out how I'm going to get back to Italy and down to Tuscany over the next week.....hmmm.
Hugs! -T

3 comments:

Magnolia Mayers said...

What a blast! I am stoked that you are in such a wonderful place. If you can, head south a couple hours hit the town of Peniscola, there is a great Roman castle on the coast, like right on the beach. Kepp going to valencia if you can,. and get some Pallela!

adios amigo!!

Noodles said...

Hey, while you're in Barcelona you need to catch a football game. They have some of the best players in the world and it would be a huge party for you. They are playing Valladolid tonight at 10:00 pm your time and after they'll party till 4 or 5 am. Barcelona is in first place and Valladolid is in 14th but it'll still be amazing! Do it dude!

podie said...

good stuff!