Thursday, November 13, 2008

Podere Vallari - Tuscany - Harvesting Olives

I am now on the olive farm in Tuscany. The farm is called Podere Vallari. Google it. Ursula and Sigismund also offer vacation rental cottages on their property. Since it is Nov and there are no vacationers, I am able to sleep in one of the cottages. The surroundings are as beautiful as one would imagine.

I flew from Barcelona to Pisa yesterday, then took bus and train to Cecina where Ursula picked me up. Yesterday afternoon I had my first afternoon of work in the olive grove after a delicious lunch made by Ursula.

Yesterday there were three german women also working here, but yesterday was their last day of work. They are vacationing/wwoofing (willing workers on organic farms). They are sightseeing today and fly back to germany tomorrow.

I am on a german keyboard, which is different from an italian keyboard, which is different from a spanish keyboard. :)

The weather has been very Portland like. Booming thunderstorms last night, it was quite nice, but this morning too much rain to work. It is clearing now and after lunch we will work some.

I hope all is well in everyones world. Peace.

1 comment:

Hensley Family said...

Glad you made it safely! Hilarious that you fell asleep in the airport.
The pictures are beautiful.
I know you miss Mercy, must be very hard. She wants you to have fun.
Be Safe
GO OBAMA!!!
Anne