Monday, November 3, 2008

Roma, Italia - Day 3

Day 3 in Rome and my feet are so sore and blistered I'm limping. :) Another whirlwind day of exploring on foot and sight seeing....

Last night we hit St. Peter's Square at sunset. It was beyond impressive, very beautiful. We then finally found a pocket of the Trastevere neighborhood that appeared to be all locals. It was very fun...wine, dinner, wandering around the narrow cobblestone streets, etc. It's like Vegas, you can drink while walking down the street! Ha.

This morning we returned to St. Peter's Square and toured the cathedral. After that we hit the Vatican Museum which ends with the Sistenthe Chapel. Saw Michealangelo's great works and may other pieces that are beyond description, all of which was very impressive.

Throughout the day I am conituing on the regiment of excellent espresso, gelato, pizza, wine, and other great dishes. Ive taken a lot of pics but haven't attempted to upload any from the Internet Pointes I am using day to day.

Marta leaves tonight to return to Torino by train. I will be solo from tonight forward. I think I'm going to fly to Barcelona tomorrow......some relaxing on a beach is in order after three nonstop days in Rome. Peace.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Oh Barcelona !
How I love that place. You are so fortunate to be there. It is one of the most wonderful cities in the world.